Roasted beetroot tartlets
1 pack Puff Pastry
1 Egg Yolk
100g Cream Cheese
3 Spring Onions, finely sliced
Salt and Pepper
¼ cup Flaked Almonds, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 1800C
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place the puff pastry on a floured surface and roll slightly thinner.
- Cut with a round cookie cutter to get your desired shape. Cut half of the round pastries with a smaller cutter to form a ring.
- Brush the circles with the egg yolk and place the rings on top. Brush the ring with egg and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until golden and risen.
- Remove to cool.
- Peel the beetroot and place on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and close to form a parcel. Roast in the oven until cooked and soft throughout.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with the spring onions, salt and pepper until creamy. (Add a little milk if you wish to make it smoother and creamier.)
- Place a dollop of cream cheese on the tart case, top with a wedge of beetroot, drizzle with a little honey and garnish with sliced spring onion and toasted almond flakes.