Roasted lemon chicken with baby potatoes
1 Nam Chicken Whole Bird
1 Lemon, cut into wedges
1 tbsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Crushed Garlic
2 tbsp Butter, melted
Salt and Pepper
1kg Baby Potatoes
1 cup Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 1800C
- Mix the thyme, garlic and butter together and set aside.
- Season the skin of your chicken with salt and pepper as well as the cavity inside.
- Use a wooden spoon to separate the skin from the flesh but do not pierce through the skin.
- Spoon your butter mixture under the skin and rub to spread evenly over the chicken.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with lemon wedges and bind the feet together with kitchen string or simply pierce the skin with your knife and tuck the drumsticks through it.
- Place your chicken in a deep roasting tray, breast side up.
- Place the baby potatoes around your chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary to the roasting tray.
- Roast the chicken uncovered for 1 hour.
- Cut into desired pieces and serve.