Deep dish quiche
2 cups Cake Flour
1 tsp Salt
8 tbsp Butter
¼ cup Water
¼ cup Sesame Seeds, toasted
300g Bacon, diced
500g Portabillini Mushrooms, sliced
6 Leeks, chopped finely
100g Parsley, chopped
400g Mature Cheddar, grated
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 1800C
- For the crust: mix the flour, salt and sesame seeds together. Grate the butter into the flour and rub in to form crumbs.
- Mix the egg and water together and add to the flour mixture. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined and a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out in a circle to ½ cm thick. Place the dough in a round spring form tin and press against the sides.
- Place foil on the dough and press the corners down. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until crispy.
- In a pot, fry the leeks and bacon in the butter until cooked, add the mushrooms and fry until soft.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the cheese, eggs and cream and season well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the tart shell and bake for 1 hour until set.
- Let it cool slightly then remove from the pan and serve.